Win a free Blu-ray edition of The Lost World from Flicker Alley!
Before it disappeared from circulation in 1929, The Lost World was heralded for its groundbreaking stop-motion effects. Animator Willis O’Brien created dozens of prehistoric monsters to tower over the band of unlucky explorers lost deep in the jungle. Now, film fans have a chance to re-live (and re-create) this stunning moment in film history.
In celebration of the brilliant restoration from Lobster Films, Flicker Alley is giving fans a chance to win a free Blu-ray edition of The Lost World! To enter, create a short animated video inspired by your favorite film from the Flicker Alley catalog. The Lost World in Legos? A Machinema Méliès? Stop-motion Sherlock Holmes? No animation style or movie in our collection is off limits!
How To Enter:
Create a short animated video (two minutes or less) inspired by your Flicker Alley favorite in any animation style you choose. Upload your video to your YouTube account with a brief description. Entrants must be 18-years-old or older. Then share it via social media with the hashtag #FlickerAlleyFlicks and email the link to us at email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is September 15th at 11:59 PST. Flicker Alley judges will announce the winner on September 22nd. The winner will receive the first-ever Willis O’Brien Award, a Blu-ray edition of The Lost World, and their video will be featured on our social media and in the September newsletter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I’ve never made an animated video before. Where do I start?
A: Don’t be nervous! It’s easier than ever to make an animated video using just a camera phone. There are several smartphone apps designed to help you make a short film, or if you’re feeling old-school then dust off your polaroid; the important thing is to be creative!
Q: What do I make my movie about?
A: Parodies, recreations, and reinterpretations are welcome as long as you keep it PG! Any Flicker Alley release is fair game. Check out our catalog, M.O.D., and streaming options here for inspiration.
Q: Can I submit a video I made for a different project??
A: We’re looking for original content only. Videos previously aired, published, submitted, or distributed prior to this contest will be automatically disqualified.
Q: When will the winners be announced?
A: Submissions close on Friday September 15th, and winners will be announced on Friday, September 22nd. Make sure you follow us on social media so we can contact you if your video wins the prize!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET & VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all people who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Lost World Animated Video Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on Friday, August 25, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on Friday, September 15, 2017. To enter, upload a video to YouTube that is no more than 2 minutes in length and notify Flicker Alley, LLC by posting a link to Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook using the hashtag #FlickerAlleyFlicks and emailing a link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos must be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Any video longer than 2 minutes will be ineligible and will not be considered.
In addition, to be eligible, each video entry must meet the following criteria:
- By uploading a video, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties;
- All participants in the video must understand and agree that the video will be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms.
- Videos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award;
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation; and
- The video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
3. PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION: After the submission deadline on Friday, September 15, 2017 at 11:59PM PST, representatives of Flicker Alley, LLC will evaluate each submission and select the winner exclusively based on the following criteria: submission’s appropriateness to theme, the originality and creativity of the submission, and the quality and presentation of the submission. The winner will be officially notified on Friday, September 22, 2017.
Prize: One (1) Blu-ray edition of The Lost World (retail value $39.95)
The winner will be notified by email and/or social media, and will be required to provide shipping information for fulfillment of the prize. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Flicker Alley, LLC or as may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash.