A Flicker Alley Noir Blog-a-Thon!
In order to celebrate our upcoming Blu-ray/DVD releases of Too Late for Tears (1949) and Woman on the Run (1950), Flicker Alley is hosting Detectives and Dames: A Flicker Alley Noir Blog-a-Thon!
Every week until the films’ release on May 10, Flicker Alley will host guest blogs by noir experts! Each essay will provide fascinating illumination on a topic related to Too Late for Tears or Woman on the Run.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute to the Blog-a-Thon on any topic related to these films! Essays may range from 500 to 2,000 words (or if you have an extra long essay, we are happy to publish it in multiple parts). All we ask is that you include the above banner on your page, link back to this post and link to our releases for Too Late for Tears and Woman on the Run in your blog post. In return, we will publish your contribution here and provide a link back to your blog.
This page will be updated regularly with links to every guest blog we publish!
- “A Birthday Tribute to Dennis O’Keefe” by Laura Grieve of Laura’s Miscellaneous Musings
- “An Uncommon Woman in Woman on the Run (1950)” by Andy Wolverton of Journeys in Darkness and Light
- “The Life and Times of Arthur Kennedy” by Karen Burroughs Hannsberry of Shadows and Satin
- “Too Late for Tears, but Never Too Late for Censorship: A Look into the Film’s Production Code Administration File” by Kim Luperi of I See a Dark Theater
- “The Unapologetic Women of Too Late for Tears (1949) and Woman on the Run (1950)” by Kendahl Cruver of A Classic Movie Blog
Stay tuned and check back often for more film noir guest blogs through May 10!